Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shale Stitch Blanket



The stitch for the blanket in the background of the Berry Sweater is Shale stitch. You can see it peeking out a bit on this pic. The best pic is here.


18 stitch repeat
Row 1: knit
Row 2: purl
Row 3: (k2tog) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times
Row 4: knit

Don't forget to add your selvage stitches.

My blanket was done with Lion Brand Microspun, size 8 (5mm) needles in fuchsia, purple and turquoise, changing colors at row 1. I edged it with a crocheted crab stitch, I don't remember what size hook but probably I. I repeated the stitch 9 times, and carried on until it was big enough to cover the crib. I believe I used 2 balls of each color. I was a bit disappointed at first because it was so stretchy and floppy but when the baby was born it was perfect to wrap him up in and very very cozy; it became our favorite snuggle blanket.

No comments: